Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water intrusion can happen many different ways. Storms and floods, pipes and water lines bursting, sink, toilet and tub overflows and lets not forget the untimely water heater leak and washing machine issues. Regardless the water source, the outcome is usually the same...water damage. This is the perfect time to turn to SERVPRO of North Lawrenceville, your local leaders in emergency water mitigation. Our fast action, exceptional equipment and trained, uniformed personnel thoroughly understand how to dry a structure effectively. Our track record of results has earned us the trust of the insurance industry and countless homeowners. Call 678-376-5515 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (678) 376-5515
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.