Winter in Lawrenceville
Its almost that time of year again. The leaves are about to start changing. The weather will start cooling down. Its that very same cool weather that SERVPRO of North Lawrenceville wants you to be ready for.
When the weather begins to cool down, you need to start watching out for pipes bursting within the home. If you have a property that is vacant, it may be a good idea to maintain some form of heat during the cooler winter months to prevent any issues from arising.
However, should you have any damage occur from burst pipes this winter season, SERVPRO of North Lawrenceville is here to help you. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to assist you. Call us at 678-376-5515 and our trained professionals will be there to help.
Conditions In Lawrenceville Might Be Right For Mold
It’s estimated that more than 1 million types of mold exist, yet less than 10 percent have actually been named. This means mold is very common in both indoor and outdoor environments. While mold and humans can sometimes co-exist without issue, there are certain species of mold that can cause health effects for some people.
If the right conditions exist, mold will grow. Those conditions include:
- Water - Different mold types require varying amounts of liquid before growth begins.
- Temperature - Normal indoor temperatures will promote mold growth.
- Time - Initial mold colonizers can take hold within one day after being exposed to an adequate water supply.
Mold growth can occur in any home, so it’s important to keep an eye out for situations that might promote mold activity. Roof/chimney leaks, wet basements, or condensation from ducts that dampen surrounding insulation are just a few examples of issues that make a house a prime target for mold growth.
If you suspect mold in your home, call SERVPRO of North Lawrenceville to assess the situation. We have the knowledge, tools and track record to effectively remediate mold in your home or business.
If you suspect mold, call us today at 678-376-5515
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of North Lawrenceville for mold remediation services.
Unseen Effects of Water Damage
Accidents happen all of the time, whether it be from an overflowing sink, bathtub, or toilet, you get up the water and you think you're in the clear. Its the water that you don't see that can cause issues for you down the line.
Removing surface water can help prevent more extensive damage. However, water intrusions can invade floors, ceilings, and walls to find the lowest point in your home. The standing water searches for any pinholes or cracks in the floors and walls while traveling downward. This allows water to get into the interior of the home, and if not addressed, could cause further damage.
Even if the loss appears small in the beginning, call SERVPRO of North Lawrenceville, 678-376-5515, as soon as you've had a water loss. This will allow our trained professionals to mitigate the situation and prevent further damage from occurring.
Water Heater Maintenance Tips
Your water heater is probably one appliance within your home that you don't pay a lot of attention to, at least until you're taking a shower and there is no hot water. SERVPRO of North Lawrenceville has some tips to keep you from taking an ice bath.
- Before doing any maintenance on your water heater, shut off the power at the service panel
- Once every three months, drain one gallon of water from the tank. If you have hard water, do this every month to reduce sediment collecting in the bottom of the tank.
- Once every two years, have your water heater inspected by a service technician.
SERVPRO of North Lawrenceville encourages you to always maintain your household appliances. Don't wait until its too late and a problem arises.
Its the time of year where people like to cook those delicious fried Thanksgiving turkeys. SERVPRO of North Lawrenceville would just like to provide you with a friendly reminder.
When cooking your turkey in a deep fryer, please remember to do so outside. This is due to the moisture mixing with the oils causing popping, and it could potentially boil over and this could cause not only a mess, but a fire could happen as well. So for everyone's safety, please do not cook these inside but outside, and make sure to keep it supervised just in case it does do this.
Please enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday safely. Don't let it be ruined by a turkey fryer mishap.
Happy Thanksgiving from SERVPRO of North Lawrenceville.
Any Size Leak Can Cause Damage
There is no such thing as a small disaster within your home or business. This is especially true with water that could contain mold or bacteria. Unseen damage, usually caused by unseen leaks, can create larger claims later on.
Your SERVPRO of North Lawrenceville professionals understand how disruptive unseen water damages can be for your home or business. SERVPRO of North Lawrenceville offers 24 hour emergency response and has well trained, uniformed technicians on site within 4 hours to begin the mitigation services. By responding quickly, your SERVPRO of North Lawrenceville professionals can help you regain control of the situation quickly and help you protect your home or business from further damage.
So, before attempting to clean up any damage yourself, contact SERVPRO of North Lawrenceville at 678-376-5515 and let their trained professionals assist you.
Only One Fire Matters
National fire statistics indicate that a residential fire occurs approximately every 90 seconds somewhere in the United States. However, when your home is the one that suffers from a fire, only your home matters.
Your belongings are important to us here at SERVPRO of North Lawrenceville. We offer a variety of services to better assist you with your contents claim during this type of disaster.
- Emergency Inventory
- Pre-Loss Inventory
- Complete Inventory
- Total Loss Items
- Questionable Items
- Restorable Items
- Electronic Reporting
- Customizable reports that can include images for easy reference
Using these services we can be much more accurate and efficient when assisting you with your contents during a fire related disaster at your home. If your home has suffered a fire loss, please call SERVPRO of North Lawrenceville to get assistance with your contents right away.
Even a Small Fire can Cause a Big Odor
Fire, smoke, and soot damages in your home can create unpleasant and permanent problems if not properly addressed. As various materials burn, the smoke produced travels throughout the home leaving resides and deposits on surfaces and in those hard to reach places. Unless fast, professional action is taken, these residues and deposits can cause permanent damage to contents, and the home itself. The odors can come back as well. Unfortunately, trying to clean it up yourself can cause even a seemingly small fire to become a much larger problem.
Instead call SERVPRO of North Lawrenceville. Our professionals are trained and equipped to find the sources of the smoke odors and to effectively eliminate them from your home. Proper deodorization is vital as the odors may appear to be gone only to resurface later.
Call SERVPRO of North Lawrenceville, 678-376-5515, if your home has had a fire and you are concerned about the smoke odor.
Water Damage in Lawrenceville
Your water loss in your Lawrenceville home can start out small. It may have started with a leaky faucet, or a small mishap in your bathroom or kitchen. Water travels fast however. What happens to the water you don't get up with a towel or a wet/dry vacuum? Water can travel underneath your flooring, go behind cabinetry, and even go inside walls.
Don't worry though because help is on the way. At SERVPRO of North Lawrenceville, we have trained professionals who are able to detect where the water has traveled and come up with the best way to assist you with drying out your home. So before you attempt to clean up the water yourself, or just stop after you have gotten the surface water up, call SERVPRO of North Lawrenceville to assist you.
Holidays are supposed to be a time of joy and togetherness. You don't need that to be spoiled by some untimely disaster within your Lawrenceville home or business. Here are some safety tips from SERVPRO of North Lawrenceville for this holiday season.
- Everyone likes hanging lights during the holidays. Make sure you aren't overloading outlets when doing so as this could be hazardous.
- Don't leave lights or candles on unattended
- If you have a real tree, make sure it is well watered as it could become hazardous if it dries out
Nobody likes to have anything bad happen this time of year so take these tips and make sure you're doing things safely. Happy Holidays from us here at SERVPRO of North Lawrenceville!